Saturday 5 February 2022


Carrot and Honey Cake


You all know I love making cakes with veggies and I have posted my fave carrot cake before, found in an old 1970s Kenwood mixer book. This is very different and I must say I love the combinations of Honey, and Ground Almonds added to the veg. I might have to change my mind……


You will need a 7 inch spring form cake tin, greased and lined and your fan oven pre heated to 140C


4 oz softened butter

2 oz soft light brown sugar

2 oz runny honey

3 large eggs

8 oz plain flour

2 teaspoonfuls baking g powder

6 oz carrots, grated

4 oz sultanas

3 oz ground almonds

the grated zest and juice of an orange.


In a medium bowl, cream the butter, sugar and honey until light and fluffy, then add the eggs one at a time, along with a little flour if needed. Fold in the rest of the flour and the bp. Mix well then add the carrot, fruit, ground almonds, zest and juice. Tip into your prepared tin and bake for about 1½ hours, until firm to the touch. You may need ten more mins. Cool in the tin for a short while then turn out onto a rack to wait while it cools before tucking in! I turned it down to 130C after an hour.


Delicious and so moist. You could add a cream cheese topping, but personally I do not think it needs it.


No comments:

Post a Comment