Wednesday 29 September 2021


 

Lemon Curd, made in a microwave in under 7 minutes!


An extra recipe for all lemon addicts. Never buy shop bought lemon curd again. Even if you are in a rush! My dear friend Pam, who lives in Hayle gave me this recipe, but I have no idea where she got it. I have been so grateful for all her wonderful recipes over the years. She was 92 this year and still cooks and bake like a pro.


The quantity below fills a 1lb jar and will keep a couple of weeks or so, in your fridge. As I took the photograph [ten mins ago] it was still hot and I scraped the basin to have a taste! Just perfect and as good as the traditional method. From start to finish, including grating the zest and juicing, it took me just under ten minutes.


A quick word on microwaves. These days they are getting more powerful and mine goes up to 1000 watt instead of 650 or 800 or similar. I turned mine down to ¾ power to compensate as I am sure the recipe would not cope with the extra power. It would be too hot. The recipe states use full power.


You will need a clean jar, sterilised. Place in the oven for a few mins. Plus a medium size glass bowl or basin.


2 large lemons, the zest and juice

3 eggs, well beaten

2 oz butter

8 oz caster sugar


In your bowl, melt the butter for about 1 min. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat together.

Cook on high [see above] for 1 minute - stir. repeat 5 times ie 5 times in all. Until it coats the back of a wooden spoon. 


That is it! Pot and then cover. I do hope you all give it a go, if you are a lemon addict like us! Nothing like it in the middle of a sponge, or on ice cream. This will be my go to recipe from now on.,




No comments:

Post a Comment