Tuesday 18 February 2020


YOGURT pot, Fiery Ginger and Coconut, “all in one” Cake


This cake is so versatile, not to mentioned utterly divine! - you can bake it in a shallow square tin or a deeper round one. I will give you the base recipe, then you can add whatever you want. Fruit, chocolate chips, coffee etc. You can even use a fruit yogurt like raspberry and add the fresh fruit! It is great as a dessert or a lunchbox filler and it is made in less than 5 mins too!! Can’t be bad. My thanks to Kirsten for her fantastic recipe. I used Whitworths Fiery Ginger, chopped, along with some coconut. Oh my, what a wonderful combination.

Prepare and line any tin you prefer. [you do need to line the tin with parchment]
Set your fan oven to 160 Deg C

Take, in a bowl:
A pot of Yogurt.  I used a Yeo Valley Natural Organic Bio LIve Yogurt. 175 grs.
2 pots of Self Raising Flour
1 ½ pots of caster sugar [or light brown if using dried fruit]
¼ pot of sunflower oil or similar
2 eggs.

Mix together. Add whatever you fancy, then tip into your tin. Bake for between 35 mins to an hour, depending on how deep is your tin and the size of your cake. I used a 8” round and it took almost the whole hour. Easy Peasey. Yummy.

Note: I originally posted this recipe a few weeks after I started my Page/Blog, when I used Blueberries. The base recipe was given to me by Kirsten, the daughter of my old, now departed, friend Atty. I have posted many of her recipes over the years.

Note 2: This time, I used a very large plain Greek yogurt pot and made two cakes. [they freeze like a dream] Because the pot was very large I used 3 eggs.

So moist and delicious.



4 comments:

  1. Hello, just found your blog from a post on FB. Looks great! How do I follow you, you don't appear to have a Follower button?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems so delicious! I'd like to follow you too.

    Sandra xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Found Your Site. Lots Of Interesting Recipes. Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy and so easy. Versatile too because you can add your own flavourings resulting in a moist soft cake. Moreish

    ReplyDelete