Sunday 6 January 2019


Cinnamon Banana Loaf


This cake was featured many moons ago in a newspaper as “cake of the week”. Of course, you all know I collect clippings and file them all away!!! What a saddo. Of course, if I didn’t do that I would not have the collection of recipes that I do have, to show you!

A very easy recipe, made in minutes. Please use very ripe bananas and you will need a med/small loaf tin - 1½ lbs, buttered, with the bottom lined. Bring the parchment up over the sides to help lift out. Pre heat your fan oven to 160C

6 oz SR flour
½ teaspoonful cinnamon
3 oz butter
2 oz caster sugar
1 generous tablespoonful golden syrup
2 small bananas [I large etc]
1 large egg, beaten


Place the flour and spice in a mixing bowl. Heat the butter and syrup in a small pan along with the sugar and gently heat, until the sugar has melted. Allow to cool. Mash the  bananas and mix this into the flour along with the melted mixture and the egg. Beat until well mixed and tip into your prepared tin.

Bake for approx 50 mins. Turn out onto a cooling rack and then enjoy! I drizzled over some plain icing and scattered a few chopped pistachios I had left over from a Xmas bake, but it is equally delicious left plain.


No comments:

Post a Comment