Monday 14 November 2016




Pam’s Granny’s Baked Bread Pudding.


Another recipe that was given to me by my friend Pam, who lives in Joppa near Hayle. It has been in her family for generations and she calls it Granny’s Baked Bread Pudding.  Her grandmother came from just outside the town of Looe in East Cornwall, so I am guessing this recipes hails from that area. Pam uses it for special occasions, especially Xmas.   It is very easy to make and delicious! My husband absolutely loved it! Thank you, Pam. It will be on my dessert menus from now on.

Take:
¾ lb stale white bread, cut into large cubes - no crusts

Soak for a few hours, then squeeze out the water. [This is easier in smaller amounts]
Beat until smooth ish.

Then just add all the other ingredients:
6 oz mixed dried fruit
2 oz each of dried chopped dates, glace cherries and dried apricots
4 ½ oz light soft brown sugar
3 oz melted butter
2 medium eggs
Grated lemon rind, mixed spice, cinnamon and nutmeg - all to taste
Optional extras - marmalade or golden syrup. I plumped for the syrup and put in a large dash. In fact I added it when I beat the bread.

Mix well. That’s it. Easy peasey.






Tip into a buttered baking dish and bake for 1 hour at 190 deg C

Note: Leftovers can be frozen in portions to take out and nuke. 



No comments:

Post a Comment