Saturday 17 October 2020


Another Mincemeat Cake recipe!


Following on from my post a week or so ago, follower Chris sent me the photo of this recipe, that belonged to her mother in law. I love looking at faded scraps of paper with little gems written on them. Thank you so much Chris. There will be another mincemeat recipe in a week or two that Matthew sent to me. All these Mincemeat recipes!!! and it is no where near the festive season yet!!


The original recipe used marge, there was no method and Chris thought it might have been an “all in one” but I decided to use the creaming method. I used my own Mincemeat plus the extra cherries, even though I had plenty of cherries in my fruit mix. I loved the added cinnamon flavouring.


Pre heat your fan oven to 150C and great and line the base of a 6 or 7 inch spring form tin.


4 oz softened butter

4 oz caster sugar

2 eggs [I used large]

6 oz SR flour

1 teaspoonful cinnamon

8 oz Mincemeat

2 oz glacé cherries, chopped.


In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar, whisk in the eggs and then fold in the flour and then the fruit mix.


Tip into your prepared tin and bake for about 1¼ hrs [the original says 1½ hours but fan ovens cook faster these days]


Cool in the tin for a short while then transfer to a rack. Leave it for a day or so, then tuck in. 


Note: I used castor sugar but would think you could use any. I will try light muscovado the next time.


Lovely! Moist and delicious.


1 comment: