Tuesday 9 December 2014


MINCEMEAT CHRISTMAS BUNS


These are very simple and can use any basic sponge recipe, with a lovely big dob of mincemeat in the middle, baked, then iced and decorated with a festive motif! They look stunning on a plate during the build up to Christmas. Just as easy as mince pies too.
I have been making them every few days as my husband loves them so much!
This is my last post until the first week of January. Too much baking, with visitors arriving as well. So, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 
Best wishes from Laurie, in Penryn, Cornwall.

You need a 12 hole muffin tin and some Christmasy muffin cases - I found some little holly cutters in Truro Pannier Market.

This uses an all in one method, so place in a bowl: How easy is that???

6 oz SR Flour
6 oz softened butter [definitely not marg]
4 oz any sugar - caster or soft light brown
1 teaspoon mixed spice - or any festive mix of your choice
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon milk
Green and red fondant icing
Icing sugar

Beat together until light and fluffy - you all know how! Spoon a large teaspoon of the mix into the bottom of the muffin cases, then a medium heaped teaspoon of mincemeat - I used Lidl’s Deluxe Rum and Raisin. Then place another teaspoon of mix over the mincemeat. I carefully try to cover the fruit as best I can, but no real need to be too fussy.

Bake in a pre heated fan oven 170 C for 20 mins. Cool, then when they are cold:

Mix a small amount of icing and put a blob on each bun. Roll out a small amount of green fondant icing and cut the holly leaves, place then on the icing. Then take tiny pieces of the red fondant and make berries.

How easy is that???
Seal your fondant blocks in any air tight container and they will keep fresh over the festive period, to use again and again.

Right - I am off to marzipan my Christmas Cake. See you in the New Year!! x



No comments:

Post a Comment