Sunday 22 November 2020


Matthew’s Mincemeat Shortbread


As promised here is another mincemeat recipe, that follower Matthew sent me, after I posted the Mincemeat recipe a few weeks ago. I have since used all of those 12 jars and now have made another batch, enough to last until Xmas I hope. Hey ho. This recipe is truly scrumptious and dare I say it?, nicer than mince pies. Just


You will need a 12 x 8 inch tray bake tin. Lightly buttered and lined. Pre heat your fan oven to 180C


12 oz plain flour

8 oz cold butter

4 oz sugar [I used castor]

pinch salt


a jar of mincemeat*


Place all of the above [minus the mincemeat] in a bowl or a food processor. You can cut or rub in, or whizz. I whizzed. You need the mixture to resemble fine breadcrumbs.


Spread half of this mixture over the base of the tin and press down evenly.  I levelled off then used the palm of my hand. With a couple of dessert spoons, careful spoon little blobs of your mincemeat to cover the crumb as evenly as possible. Spread over the remainder of the crumb and lightly press with your palm and then very lightly fork the top so it’s not completely flat. 


Bake for about 25-30 mins.


Allow to cool in the tin for a while then cut into squares or slices.


How delicious, thank you Matthew. There is another similar recipe on my Blog/Page that I posted a few years back using oats and almonds. This recipe is light and very buttery. Quite different but equally delicious.


Note: I used up one whole jar, then thought it needed a tad more, using another quarter of a jar.


Another super, impressive mincemeat recipe in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment