Tuesday 14 August 2018


Peppermint Fingers


I got this recipe from the old Gwinear Parish Recipe booklet, full of interesting recipes and ideas. I often visit old churches, for one of my other hobbies - genealogy - and they often have recipe booklets for sale from the parish. The original recipe used marg and you all know by now that I won’t use that if at all possible. It also used drinking chocolate instead of cocoa.

You will need a Swiss Roll tin - I used my smaller one at 11” x 6”, well buttered. Pre heat your fan oven to 160C

5 oz butter
2 oz soft brown sugar [I used light]
3 oz crushed cornflakes
4 oz plain flour
2 oz cocoa

Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour, sugar, cocoa and cornflakes. Mix well then press into your prepared tin. Bake for about 12-13 mins. Do not overbake.

Peppermint topping:

4 oz icing sugar
peppermint extract

Place the icing and extract into a jug and mix with a small amount of water, to make a stiffish runny consistency and pour over the base while it is still HOT. Allow to cool.



6 oz good quality chocolate

Melt the chocolate and evenly spread it over the peppermint topping. Leave to set, then cut into fingers.


So yummy. A lovely tea time treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment